- Category: Award Shows
- Written by Tommy Geraci
Last night, I was at the Access Hollywood studios for the 2015 Golden Globes with the most magnificent group of people. Whenever we are together, I realize there is such a diversity among us and it is refreshing to see us all come together to act as one unit. In Entertainment and Social Media, it is rare to see anyone put their ego aside for a greater purpose but we are always ready and willing!
Of course, it was all about the Golden Globes, the actors, the clothes, the speeches, and the jokes. My favorite moments are an equal mix of things that went on at the actual awards and things that were happening in the studio. Here are just a few of my highlights:
- Amy Poehler and Tina Fey's opening monologue. They were not afraid to tackle anything or anyone and that's what we love about them!
- Michael Keaton's acceptance speech. I have to agree, KINDNESS is a special quality that we all need to practice more of. When did it become more acceptable to be selfish than kind? Michael's speech was touching and humble, which is what a good acceptance speech should be. Conveying gratitude is something we need to do more of!
- This line: "Our next presenter is known by only one name..... Winfrey!" - Tina Fey & Amy Poehler
- And this line: "Tonight we celebrate all the great television shows we know and love, as well as all the movies North Korea was OK with" - Tina Fey
- I have to give Tina and Amy big props for all their Cosby digs. Again, they weren't afraid to go anywhere and why should they be? Anyone is fair game!
- George Clooney's acceptance speech was eloquent and on point as usual. George continually shows what a leading man in Hollywood should be and that you don't have to be a pompous ass just because you are well known.
- Julianna Margulies and Don Cheadle's introduction of George Clooney. They had a ball with it so it felt more like a roast than an intro at a serious award show. It is also great to see that people who work together remain friendly and have great respect for one another.
- Being in the Access Hollywood studios was another highlight for me. To be on the old Tonight Show set was awe inspiring and an honor.
- Meeting Liz Hernandez, who could not be lovelier inside and out. She definitely knows the value of social media and is a great sport.
- Margaret Cho!!
- Gina Rodriguez winning for Jane the Virgin. I am a huge CW fan so it was satisfying to see a show from the network win and I hope this is a sign of things to come! There are some true quality shows on ABC Family, Fox, CW, and other networks that deserve just as much attention as those on major network, big cable stations, and Netflix. Let's hear it for the underdogs!!
- Just being around my social media family. No matter what we cover or do together, we have fun and are there for each other.
- To be even a small part of an award show or event like this is truly a dream come true. I am always aware of the little boy I was who wanted to be part of this and I am sure to honor him each time I am afforded such opportunities. I remember sneaking to watch the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, which was on way past my bedtime. So to be on that set just brings things full circle.
There were so many amazing moments, speeches, and the outfits! I want to hear from YOU about yours! Please feel free to leave comments!! I am already looking forward to the Grammys and the Oscars next month so be ready to tweet with me and come along for the ride!